In the Community...
The Dragons Community Team aims to unite & inspire the youngsters of Gwent to become PROUD Dragons through the delivery of a diverse & innovative range of initiatives.
Engaging with over 40,000 youngsters on an annual basis, ensures that Dragons Rugby is kept at the heart of the community. The community team, along with the Dragons players aim to be great role models in the Region and inspire thousands, making a real positive impact on people's lives.
The Dragons adopt a 'Jersey for All' approach to ensure inclusivity regardless of age, race, religion, ability or disability. There is a place for everyone at the Dragons.
We are also proud to be a Dementia Friendly Region having been awarded the Alzheimer’s Society Kitemark in 2017.
We have a comprehensive package of community activities as highlighted below:
COMMUNITY INITIATIVES: Sport, Education & Community Activation
• The Gateway Rugby Project: A primary school sporting and social development programme.
• Value Added Education – iValue Dragons Digital Education days to include ibeacons stadium interactive tour.
• Foundation Degree: Rugby Coaching & Development - USW/Dragons/WRU Partnership.
• Participation to Pro – Opportunity to watch Dragons train at CCB Centre for Sporting Excellence, Ystrad Mynach training base.
• Region on the Road – Community support of festivals, school sessions, careers fayres, club recruitment days and special events.
• Rodney on the Road: Dragons mascot special visits to schools, clubs & community events.
• Annual Dragons Community Tag Rugby Festivals.
• Rugby Inspires Program: Using the power of sport to motivate and up skill participants.
• Inclusive Provision: Homeless Rugby, Disability, Deaf, SRtRC, Mixed Ability, BME Engagement, Women & Girls Cluster Rugby support
• Alternative Provision - Cage Rugby & Dragons Passing inflatable to inspire our young rugby enthusiasts.
• Work Experience Programme: In partnership with Secondary schools across the Region.
• Holiday Rugby Skills Development Camps: Six to 14 years to include Pro camps
• Gift of Dragons Rugby: Community Ticketing Scheme: Rugby4All
• Dragons Match Day Experience: Guard of honour, official mascot, official community guests, pitch parades, lap of honours, entertainment & family zone activation
• Judgement Day Activation with our regional mini & junior clubs
• Dragons Match Day Collections: Supporting local & national charities
• Welsh Language support through collaborative work with local agencies
• Community ambassador scheme: Matchday volunteering opportunities
• Tempo partnership to support volunteers through time credits at Dragons matches
The community department would like to thank the following organisations, companies and agencies for their support of the community projects; we could not maintain our high standards without this contribution:
COMMUNITY SPONSORS & PARTNERS